One Night at the Baltimore Salsa Congress - 4/12/2014
1. This would have been titled “Two Nights at the Baltimore Salsa Congress”, but my Friday night nap, planned for two hours, accidentally lasted six!
2. Sentimiento Dance Team represented Baltimore well with their performance.
3. I’m figuring out more about what I can and can’t lead with my left hand while my finger heals. At this point, I often worry more about scratching a follow with my splint than reinjuring my finger.
4. Rafael Ortiz and the Salbomple Orquestra played a fun set.
5. At one point I had a casual conversation that served as a reminder of the many reasons I avoid giving people advice about their dancing.
6. Late in the evening, after I’d already changed my shoes and was walking out the door, I ran into a woman I’d promised a dance earlier. I’d talked to her right after the performances, but hadn’t seen her the rest of the night. I wanted to keep my promise. Since I was wearing street loafers at the time, I had to vary my technique significantly. It was a good opportunity to be creative, and the dance worked out well. I walked out with a big smile on my face.